Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Pause for Thought

Well, the review of Mynah Birds and Flying Rocks is finished. When it's published, I'll post a link to the page. In the meantime, I've got another review to do, so I'll get to work on that soon. In the meantime, a task that is at once boring, calming, and interesting is next: making some sense of my paper archives. Of course it's not obviously thrilling, or else I wouldn't have put it off as long as I have. However, it has two payoffs: first, organization; second, it will help me get farther along on my next project, which will have something to do with women writing haikai in the early modern period.

So, what it lacks in glamor it makes up for in suspense.

Something quite nice from the Asahi Haiku network (find it by following the link to Asahi News at right--it's on their home page):

Morning paper:
while reading leisurely
autumn begins

Masami Fujita, Tokyo